About Cheerio

My photo
In general I am a cheery and energetic person. But I am enshrouded in a cloak of iron. That cloak is the weight of greiving my son, whom I've lost to adoption.

Monday, June 2, 2008

a sad sight

Yesterday I went to visit a friend. I drove my truck and parked on the other side of the street and a few houses up from their place. As I was parking, I saw a little boy running into the yard, just beside where I was parking. He looked to be about, oh, I don't know maybe 4 yrs old. Even though it was a fenced in yard, I kept an eye on him, just to make sure he stayed inside the fence and was safe. Well he came over and just stood there watching as I parked. I waved and he just stood there watching. He was a cutie. It was odd to me that he watched me the whole time. Even after I did my fabulous parallel park job, and started to get out of the truck, he still just stood there watching. I got out of the truck and started to cross the street, and the little boy just stood there watching. Maybe it was my imagination, but it seemed like his face fell, and his shoulders slumped a little. When I got to the sidewalk on the other side, I turned to see, and Yup! he was still there watching. What was up with that? I just don't know. But I do know that it triggered thoughts of my son... -we're on two sides of the fence- and I'm the one just standing there, waiting until he is old enough... -in my heart watching silently as time passes and he grows up when the day comes that he'll be parking his truck outside my fenced in prison of life without him will he just look at me and walk away?

No comments:

Post a Comment