About Cheerio

My photo
In general I am a cheery and energetic person. But I am enshrouded in a cloak of iron. That cloak is the weight of greiving my son, whom I've lost to adoption.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Adoptee Rights Demonstration 2009

http://adopteerightsphilly.blogspot.com/ Adoptee Rights Protest 2009 The Adoptee Rights Demonstration, scheduled for July 21, 2009, is in the process of being organized. The AdopteeRights website will be updated soon. Until then, this blog will temporarily announce Demonstration information and news.This page will serve as a mirror of AdopteeRights when the site is back online.Please browse the links on the right for Demonstration details. We look forward to seeing you in Philadelphia! ------- Cheerio is an in the closet on-line firstmom writer. (translation, actual people in my day to day life have no idea I have a 14 yr old son) HOWEVER, adoptee rights are an important issue. I am going to find out more, and see what I can do to participate. I am willing to do this for them, for adoptees rights, for my son's own future rights.
Check it out and participate in this very important Demonstration for the adoptees you love.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cherrio:

    I'm looking for some back up. The link below is a response to a letter to the editor that I wrote. It's from a self-absorbed adoptive parent who think adoptive children need to accept that they are "grafted" onto family trees and that they don't need to know their real family trees or heritage.

    http://www.humboldtbeacon.com/opinion/ci_11460940

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anony ...
    I will forward this on to some other adoptees, whom I think would appreciate the opportunity to respond.

    I think the first comment posted so far is "spot on" - that aparents THINK they know how their children feel.

    Thank you for the link!
    we'll see what we can do.
    cheerio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've gotta read this:

    http://www.humboldtbeacon.com/opinion/ci_11527918

    ReplyDelete